The services that we provide range from:
- assisting our Senior Citizens,
- helping our Youth to grow and develop,
- feeding the Hungry,
- rebuilding the lives of those that are victims of Disasters
- restoring sight to the Blind
- looking after our Environment
- getting involved with the community to ensure Good Health
- and many more needs to communities and individuals are met by individual Lions Clubs and members
It was all smiles from quadriplegia Petrus Haakskeen, when we presented him with a special pressure cushion for his wheelchair.
This cushion was specially ordered for him from the USA at a cost of N$ 4,500.00 to aid the healing process of his severe bedsores on his buttocks. These he incurred from spending many hours in his wheelchair where he writes poetry, short stories, playwrights and even music on his computer with the aid of splints and sticks.
Many of his works have already been published, which is a great source of inspiration for him, filling him with a sense of achievement and a “fighting spirit” for life and survival.
Donated and installed a trampoline to a local creche.
Provide comfort boxes for the Tyger Bear Foundation for abused children.
Use dolls and teddy bears knotted by local seniors to distribute to the needy. Here the Bergvliet Lion President accepts the toys from the residents of the Bergridge Park Seniors Center.