Still looking for that all important tick against Lion’s signature project – Diabetes? Please be aware that DC Beryl Simpson has organised a Diabetes Camp for children which will take place at Soetwater on 04 and 05 April 2018 during the upcoming school holidays.
25 diabetic children who come from various communities have been selected by Sister April at the Tygerberg Hospital. The children are understandably very excited and in order to make this a wonderful two-day experience that they will always remember, Clubs are invited to sponsor a child at a cost of R1000.00 and thus earn that “Tick” against this core service project. Your sponsorship is inclusive of:
- Safe transport to and from the camp (including snacks for the diabetic children during the trip)
- All meals for the children and care-givers
- Goodie bags for the children containing diabetic-related items
- Regular testing of each child as necessary
- The assistance of 3 Diabetic SA employees
- The services of 4 Lion Volunteers
The camp will be facilitated and supervised by Diabetes SA and there will be a minimum of three trained nurses on site the entire time and will be run under the auspices of Lions. The children will attend training and lectures as well as play games pertinent to diabetes.
Should you wish to participate please RSVP with your POP by Friday, 23 March 2018 to the District Office or contact DC Beryl Simpson directly on Cell: 083 768 9684. Banking details for the Lions District Projects Account are as follows:
Bank: FNB/Account No. 50263054899/Branch Code: 201409/Account Holder: Lions Int District 410A/Reference: Diabetes Camp.